Ovarian Psycos Present: December Luna Ride (female identified only <3)
RSVP on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/132255580218888/
It’s that time of the month again, ladies! Ovarian Psyco’s present: December Luna Ride! This month’s Luna ride will be dedicated to ALL the females in the world – for we all are goddesses and we sometimes forget that. At our destination, we will discuss 2011 and what we expect for next year and shake off all the bad energy.
MEET @ 6:30, ROLL OUT PROMPTLY @ 7:00pm
Starts @ CAL STATE LA STUDENT UNION — 5154 State University Drive Los Angeles, CA 90032
Ends @ TIERRA DE LA CULEBRA PARK IN HIGHLAND PARK
6.5 MILES! Remember it’s not a race, but there is a pace!
REMINDERS:– Knowing the strange weather lately; ladies please bring jackets, scarf’s and all that good stuff.
– WORKING bikes: we never leave anyone behind but please, be courteous and have bikes ready to go at departure time
– Lights! It gets dark ladiesss!
– Helmets if you have them! Safety first
– Water, does the body good
– Last but not least, your good spirits ♥ SEE YOU SATURDAY NIGHT!
- Name/Alias/Ova nickname: Maryann Aguirre a.k.a. La Fingers (Est. Dec 7th, 2011)
- Your Bici’s Name: Ray Ray (she’s a Raleigh :D)
- Born/Raised: Born in Boyle Heights, Raised in Mexicali, El Sereno, Lincoln Heights, Lynwood, Norwalk, Fontana and currently residing back home in Boyle Heights.
- Day/Night Job(s): Day Jobs: #1 Full-Time Momma of a 4 year old, mi LeahSol ❤ chau! Day Job #2: Administrative Associate at local Non-profit, InnerCity Struggle. Night Jobs: Board Member at Corazon Del Pueblo and, of course, core collective member with my Ovas 🙂 ahoo!
- 1st Ride: Pasadena City College to Union Station Luna Ride 🙂
- Reasons for joining: Developing and solidifying sisterhood with the other womyn, awesome exercise + mental and spiritual growth
- Worst Experience: Proud to say there hasn’t been any REAL bad experience – except for Novembers Luna Ride this creeper who stopped traffic behind him and was slooowly following all the ladies as we rode -__- not cool! But other than that, I have yet to experience anything really bad happen.
- What have you accomplished? Solidifying the bond the collective core has among one another. Getting a lot of new riders out on rides & more womyn coming out on rides and keep them coming back!
- Hope to accomplish: Possibly different Ova chapters in other counties, communities and even states, longer distant rides, more womyn coming out. And currently in the works: Seed Psyco rides for the kiddies 🙂
- Words of wisdom: In the words of my little seed and her favorite movie – “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming” – only in this case…just keep pedaling!!!
Fill in the Blank
Best part about being a muxer is: Pssh…uhh…EVERYTHING!! The fact that I can push a child out of my vag. The fact that I can be the little “homemaker” yet still proud to be able to organize, solidify and mobilize. (Never alone though…of course)
Favorite form of hydration is: Water, baby!
My Ovarian Psyco sisters: are not only my Ova sisters but las homies, homegirls and best friends
Best way to get rid of cramps
is: Hot tea, water, someone who knows how to give a bomb a** massage!!
My bike is: The balance that keeps me moving.