AshElvira is left/right Ovary for the Winter season!
- Name/Ova Alias: Ashes, Elvira, AshElvira
- Your bici’s name/alias: Red (70’s Raliegh)
- Born and raised: Monterrey Park, East Los ❤
- Day job/night job: Part time drug dealer :P(legally), full time ova ❤
- First ride: Luna ride almost 2 years ago! seems like yesterday…
- Reason(s) for joining/staying: there are so many but to sum it up.. the
strong Mujeres, cycling, the excitement and good energy from all the riders.
- Best and worst experience from a ride: my best experience was my first experience of an ovarian Luna ride, ill never forget ^.^ Xela had her accident that same night which also made it the scariest experience
- What have you accomplished/hope to accomplish: A whole year and some of spreading bici love with these inspiring women ❤ hope to help heal our mamas with cycling
- Words of wisdom: “Lack of proper recognition of your own value is always
harmful and can lead to a state of mental, emotional and spiritual paralysis”
Fill in the blanks
- The best thing about being a Muxer: the ability to be strong and wild while being compassionate.
- My favorite form of hydration: yerba mate;)
- My Ovarian Psyco sisters are: hard working wombyn!
- Best way to get rid of cramps: Te de manzanilla
- My bike is my: freedom machine
- Name/Alias/Ova nickname: Maryann Aguirre a.k.a. La Fingers (Est. Dec 7th, 2011)
- Your Bici’s Name: Ray Ray (she’s a Raleigh :D)
- Born/Raised: Born in Boyle Heights, Raised in Mexicali, El Sereno, Lincoln Heights, Lynwood, Norwalk, Fontana and currently residing back home in Boyle Heights.
- Day/Night Job(s): Day Jobs: #1 Full-Time Momma of a 4 year old, mi LeahSol ❤ chau! Day Job #2: Administrative Associate at local Non-profit, InnerCity Struggle. Night Jobs: Board Member at Corazon Del Pueblo and, of course, core collective member with my Ovas 🙂 ahoo!
- 1st Ride: Pasadena City College to Union Station Luna Ride 🙂
- Reasons for joining: Developing and solidifying sisterhood with the other womyn, awesome exercise + mental and spiritual growth
- Worst Experience: Proud to say there hasn’t been any REAL bad experience – except for Novembers Luna Ride this creeper who stopped traffic behind him and was slooowly following all the ladies as we rode -__- not cool! But other than that, I have yet to experience anything really bad happen.
- What have you accomplished? Solidifying the bond the collective core has among one another. Getting a lot of new riders out on rides & more womyn coming out on rides and keep them coming back!
- Hope to accomplish: Possibly different Ova chapters in other counties, communities and even states, longer distant rides, more womyn coming out. And currently in the works: Seed Psyco rides for the kiddies 🙂
- Words of wisdom: In the words of my little seed and her favorite movie – “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming” – only in this case…just keep pedaling!!!
Fill in the Blank
Best part about being a muxer is: Pssh…uhh…EVERYTHING!! The fact that I can push a child out of my vag. The fact that I can be the little “homemaker” yet still proud to be able to organize, solidify and mobilize. (Never alone though…of course)
Favorite form of hydration is: Water, baby!
My Ovarian Psyco sisters: are not only my Ova sisters but las homies, homegirls and best friends
Best way to get rid of cramps
is: Hot tea, water, someone who knows how to give a bomb a** massage!!
My bike is: The balance that keeps me moving.
Left Ovary–Fall 2011 Season ❤
- Name/Alias : Andi Xoch a.k.a La Black Bird
- Your Bici Name: Palomita
- Born/Raised: Mexico City/ Highland Park
- Day/Night Job(s): Silk Screen Printer/ Workshop Conductor @ Self Help Graphics/ Live Art/ Hustler.
- 1st Ride: The 1st Luna Ride : Luna Death Ride
- Reasons for joining: Great exercise/ friendship/ and healing
- Worst Experience: Sister Ova Xela’s accident on the first Luna Ride was F’n scary! Reminded us that cycling is no joke !
- What have you accomplished: Keeping our collective Strong and Growing . Hope to accomplish: Longer distance rides/ Bike Shop (mobil?) / mentoring program.
Fill in the Blank
Best part about being a muxer is Our motherly/ nurturing instincs with everything we do.
Favorite form of hydration is Coconut Juice Baby
Best way to get rid of cramps is a hot bath ,
Sade, a Joint
My Ovarian Psyco sisters are the modern day charrass hahahaha
My bike is my weapon , my outlet, my partner in crime !
- Name/Ova Alias: Mayra
- Your bici’s name/alias: La Bici blue
- Born and Raised In: Huntington Park/Walnut Park/ South Gate!!!!!
- Day Job(s)/Night Job(s): Multimedia Tech/Bad Ass 24/7
- First Ovarian Psycos ride: The seed-bombing ride. We met up at Placita Olvera last year. Overall it was such an eye opening experience, that I knew right there and then that I was HOOKED!
- Reason(s) for joining/staying: Sisterhood
- Best and worst experience on a ride: Best experience was seeing women who hadn’t been on a bike in XX amount of years totally having a blast. Also, I love that fact that through the rides, I have been discovering parts of LA I have never seen. Worst: When some guys took over the ride during our suicide awareness ride. I got pissed, not because they were guys, but it was OUR ride. Peeps need to respect and help find a solution together. Not be all quick to “take over” the situation.
- What have you accomplished/ still hope to accomplish as Ovarian Psycos? I hope we can bring more bike awareness throughout LA. One day there will be bike lanes in all our neighborhoods.
- Words of wisdom: What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.
Fill in the blanks
The best thing about being a MUXER is being strong to overpower all.
My favorite form of hydration is an iced cold mexi pepsi.
Best way to get rid of cramps is eating lots of fruit and not drinking ANY caffeine .
My Ovarian Psyco sisters are some ass kicking womyn.
My bike is a party on wheels.