- Name/Alias/Ova nickname: Maryann Aguirre a.k.a. La Fingers (Est. Dec 7th, 2011)
- Your Bici’s Name: Ray Ray (she’s a Raleigh :D)
- Born/Raised: Born in Boyle Heights, Raised in Mexicali, El Sereno, Lincoln Heights, Lynwood, Norwalk, Fontana and currently residing back home in Boyle Heights.
- Day/Night Job(s): Day Jobs: #1 Full-Time Momma of a 4 year old, mi LeahSol ❤ chau! Day Job #2: Administrative Associate at local Non-profit, InnerCity Struggle. Night Jobs: Board Member at Corazon Del Pueblo and, of course, core collective member with my Ovas 🙂 ahoo!
- 1st Ride: Pasadena City College to Union Station Luna Ride 🙂
- Reasons for joining: Developing and solidifying sisterhood with the other womyn, awesome exercise + mental and spiritual growth
- Worst Experience: Proud to say there hasn’t been any REAL bad experience – except for Novembers Luna Ride this creeper who stopped traffic behind him and was slooowly following all the ladies as we rode -__- not cool! But other than that, I have yet to experience anything really bad happen.
- What have you accomplished? Solidifying the bond the collective core has among one another. Getting a lot of new riders out on rides & more womyn coming out on rides and keep them coming back!
- Hope to accomplish: Possibly different Ova chapters in other counties, communities and even states, longer distant rides, more womyn coming out. And currently in the works: Seed Psyco rides for the kiddies 🙂
- Words of wisdom: In the words of my little seed and her favorite movie – “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming” – only in this case…just keep pedaling!!!
Fill in the Blank
Best part about being a muxer is: Pssh…uhh…EVERYTHING!! The fact that I can push a child out of my vag. The fact that I can be the little “homemaker” yet still proud to be able to organize, solidify and mobilize. (Never alone though…of course)
Favorite form of hydration is: Water, baby!
My Ovarian Psyco sisters: are not only my Ova sisters but las homies, homegirls and best friends
Best way to get rid of cramps
is: Hot tea, water, someone who knows how to give a bomb a** massage!!
My bike is: The balance that keeps me moving.